- Because winter does not last 8 months here (like in Logan), there are many bugs. We experienced this first-hand when we were trying to play tennis at sunset. I snorted a bug while breathing, and we both must have looked a little crazy waving our arms and racquets in the air without a ball in sight.
- There are no mountains and approximately zero hills here. However, everything is very green and pretty.
- Before we had a chance to go to the grocery store, we experienced a wonderful yet rare pleasure in life brought to us by Jules Bakery down the street. Although we could feel our arteries clogging as we ate their scrumptuous creations, we were in heaven.
- The whole town revolves around Rockwell Collins... literally. The day before Jared started work, it took us about a half an hour to find the one building and entrance that he was supposed to start at the next day. There are about 50 buildings on the campus, and it takes up multiple city blocks.
- Last but not least is our favorite. We have lovingly named him Tommy. Tommy the Turkey. Surrounding our apartment is a wooded area where wild turkeys live. We first saw Tommy the day after we moved in and we thought there was only one of him. However, we saw four or five turkeys in a group, so we really don't know how many there are. We have named them all Tommy. Tommy is absolutely huge, and we will try to get a picture of him eventually.
8 months ago