1.28.2011

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!!

Our sweet baby girl is finally here! Daphne Wilcock entered the world on January 21st, 2011 at 4:16 am. She weighed 6 pounds 3.5 ounces and was 19 inches long. She is precious and beautiful and we are so blessed to be parents to this little girl! We can't believe that she is ours!!

We thought we would tell our labor and delivery story...
On Thursday, January 20th, we went to see the doctor for our 38 week appointment. I had been on bed rest trying to keep my very high blood pressure down, so we were thinking that Daphne would probably be coming a little early. However, nothing really prepared us for the doctor asking, "How do you feel about having a baby today? Have you packed your toothbrush?" We headed over to the hospital at 1:00 pm, and I was induced at 1:30 in the afternoon. Everything went well and quite smoothly; I was dilating well and the contractions were manageable. The doctor came to check on me at about 9:00 pm, broke my water, and two contractions after that I was incredibly ready for an epidural. It took the anesthesiologist two tries to get into my "very strong ligament" back, but I felt so much more comfortable afterwards. Between 1:30 am and 2:30 am, I dilated from a 5 to a 9, started pushing at 3:30 am, and our sweet Daphne was born at 4:16 am! She was amazing and healthy, despite swallowing a large amount of amniotic fluid as she was being born. We were shocked to see how much beautiful hair she has! It looks light brown, so we will be excited to see what her final hair color turns out to be. Her eyes are dark blue, and she has long, pretty fingers. She is such a doll!


We're ready to have our baby!


~Daphne Wilcock~


One of my favorite hospital pictures of us- look at all that hair!


Our first family picture


Daddy and Daphne


2 comments:

Banana said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! She is beautiful

Dan and Molly Dutson said...

Karen! Congrats! She is beautiful